TBox all-in-one architecture provides up to 50% cost savings over systems that combine PLC, communications, and SCADA components.
The TBox TG2 RTU integrates advanced automation, web server, alarm notification, and data logging with Ethernet and wireless communications in a single, rugged module. Now all remote assets and processes are under your control and within reach. Innovative push and multi-platform Web server technologies open up new possibilities. Users have complete access to alarms, live conditions, and historical data on their mobile devices, tablets, and PCs – anytime and anywhere.
This self-contained system gives you everything needed to create high-performance yet economical automation and monitoring installations. Powerful Automation Control applications are readily programmed using BASIC or IEC 61131-3 Ladder Diagram. For large RTU deployment, advanced programmers will benefit from the compatibility of our programming environments with Microsoft Automation in order to configure applications using common tools such as Microsoft Excel or Visual Basic.
Alarm notification includes multimedia messaging, recipient groups, escalation, and shift management. Users can acknowledge alarms and initiate logic operations from their smart phones, tablets, or any wireless devices.
Smart Data Logging
Special routines are available to only log the necessary events with their appropriate time stamps. Reports in CSV, text, or XML formats are quickly configured using Servelec’s Report Studio and are readily available via e-mail attached files and FTP.
Without waiting for a poll, TBoxTG2 initiates messages via e-mail, FTP, and SMS text to immediately notify users of alarms and live conditions at remote assets and processes.
TBox TG2 capabilities including authentication, firewall, HTTP secure (HTTPS), and VPN are unprecedented among remote terminal units and provide compatibility with a variety of security measures.
Five ports include the following:
- RS-232 for local configuration and programming.
- RS-485 for field device networking.
- Ethernet for IP networking, local configuration, and programming.
- USB 2.0 host.
- Remote communications option: 3G modem (TG2-500-3-EU or TG2-500-3-US).
- A very compact, industrial DIN rail package.
- Powerful ARM9 Processor.
- Powerful PLC features.
- Alarm management.
- Smart Data Logging™.
- Security suite with authentication, encryption, firewall, HTTPS, VPN, SSL, SFTP, FTPS, SSH, E-mail, text messaging, FTP SNMP, Network.
- Time Protocol (NTP) and IP Pass-through, Modbus (Master and Slave), DNP3 (Master and Slave), DF1, IEC60870-5 (Master and Slave) Protocols, and many more.
- Ethernet, USB 2.0, RS232, and RS485 ports.
- Integral 3G.
- Micro SD card for local archives, program backup, and remote start-up.
- Embedded battery charger.
- Application software development kit (ADK).